- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Walden Farms Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- sea salt, ground black pepper to taste
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp goat cheese (Phase 4 only)
- 6-8 asparagus spears
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and roast peppers, turning after 20 minutes. Remove from oven and place in an inverted glass bowl covered in plastic wrap. Let sit for 10 minutes, then peel and seed peppers and slice them lengthwise.
Set aside 4-6 strips. Place the remaining strips of bell peppers, oil, vinegar, broth, garlic, and jalapeno into a blender (I used my food processor) and blend up. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add in Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, lay the chicken on a cutting board and butterfly it. Open the chicken breast open until it is flat, then layer in the goat cheese ( Phase 4 only), asparagus spears, and bell peppers. Close the chicken and place it into a casserole dish. Cover the chicken with half of the above sauce and place it in the 400 degree oven to bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Pour the additional sauce over top the chicken to serve.